Course: Improving Employee Productivity for Business Owners
Employee productivity has a huge impact on business profitability.
Unfortunately, according to studies by the IoD and the UK government amongst others, most small and medium sized businesses suffer from low productivity. Business owners struggle to find good employees and then make them productive.
The good news is that almost every business has a large improvement opportunity as a result. In this course we help business owners understand how to measure and improve productivity and take advantage of this opportunity.
The course is practical and covers short-term tactical changes that deliver immediate productivity improvements through to longer-term positioning for superior profits.
SME owners and their management team.
To teach attendees how to measure and improve productivity in their business.
- What is productivity and how do we measure it?
- What the research says: What could you aim for?
- The employment challenge
- Improving productivity
- Short-term tactical changes
- Long-term strategic changes
- Leadership and motivation
- Create your productivity improvement plan
- Where are you now?
- What is your target?
- Where are your biggest opportunities?
- Your action plan
- Final thoughts
- Return to the employment challenge
At the end of this course you will:
- Know what your current productivity is
- Know what your target productivty is and what that means for profitability
- Have a plan to achieve this
Nick Bettes is a management consultant and author.
He has held senior positions in the corporate world and since 2009 has been helping small and medium-sized businesses to apply the performance-enhancing techniques used by these bigger companies.
Nick is particularly interested in scalability, productivity and leadership.
Course Dates and Times
This is an in-house course for the leadership team of an SME. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
The course runs over one day.
This is a live, interactive, online group course run over Zoom. During the course, attendees will complete a workbook that surfaces different perspectives and relates the learning to the business and their role in it.