Business Coaching Blog
My business is different – no really it is
Tuesday, April 4th, 2017
I’ve yet to come across a client who doesn’t think their business is uniquely complicated.
“Ah yes but my business is different…” they will say when we start to discuss systemisation.
Of course, each business differs in detail. Each will have its own special problem employees and its own baroque approach to stock or invoicing or whatever. Each business owner will have different strengths and weaknesses.
But the essence of good business is the same in any sector:
– Clear vision and strategy
– A compelling marketing story
– A plan based on numbers which is used to drive results
– Skilled delegation
– Clear acountability in every role
– Solid, repeatable processes
– A management team that performs as a team
Almost any business problem I come across can be traced back to one or more of these things being absent. The symptoms may well be different from business to business but the net effect is the same: Stalled growth and frustration.
More on the above factors and systemisation here.